Hello All! A special post for you today: I was nominated last week for a Liebster Award by fellow blogger Ksenia from The Immigrants Table. Thanks for the nomination Ksenia!
What is the Liebster Award? Well, it is a way to recognize the work of other bloggers and to share blogs that I love with my lovely readers!
What are the rules?
- Thank the blogger who nominated me and link to their blog + display the award badge.
- Answer 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated me
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Nominate 11 bloggers (I tweaked this rule, sorry!)
- Pose 11 questions to said nominees
- Go to each nominee’s blog and notify them of their nomination.
Apologies: This is a SUPER LONG post! But don’t despair, I will be posting a recipe for you at the end of the week!
- What person, dead or alive, has had the most influence on your cooking? My family! They are my favourite people to cook for, and with. Especially my sissies!
- What are your thoughts on the Food Network in particular? Love it. I don’t have sky or cable, so my husband and I tend to just binge watch in bed when we are staying at a hotel.
- … and TV cooking shows in general? Again, love! My fave of all time is anything Nigella. My husband, the Scientist, loves Good Eats!
- If you could eat one convenience store junk food for the rest of your life, absconding all others, what would you choose? Cadbury’s Dairy Milk? Does that count?!
- What is your favourite way to prepare eggs (if you’re vegan, what is your favourite way to prepare tofu)? I am pretty fussy with my eggs, and only really like them in omelet form or in a quiche. I rather enjoy my tofu rancheros though!
- What is your favourite cake? My Grandmas coffee cake was always my favourite when I was little, I am also a sucker for a good chocolate cake, or a classic Victoria Sponge with a cup of tea.
- Sweet or salty? You wouldn’t have guessed it from my last answer, but salty!
- Crunchy or chewy? Both, please!
- What do you love most about yourself? My health!
- Which dish of yours would you want your (future?) children to make in perpetuity, and to remember you by? Ahh… perfect roast potatoes.
- What has been your favourite blog post of yours? You know, I’m not sure if I have one. But my Honey Glazed Tofu is unexpectedly my most popular post to date!
The Random Facts:
- My parents were in the Royal Air Force, and I lived in four different cities and in three different countries before the age of seven. I think it’s where my itchy feet come from.
- My husband and I did not click for the first couple of weeks we knew each other (like, at all!), but we got engaged within six months.
- I have never watched Shawshank Redemption. Mainly because people keep telling me that I HAVE to watch Shawshank Redemption.
- My favourite place in the whole world is the Lake District, just north of where I grew up. Every time I go home to visit, I make a little pilgrimage there. It is simply beautiful.
- I am an unskilled but enthusiastic skier.
- I love to read, and am slowly working my way through The Guardians 1000 Novels Everyone Must Read List.
- My dog is kind of named after the fictional TV Serial Killer Dexter.
- I ran my first marathon last year, and I’m hoping to do my next one when I get back into my stride after this baby boy gets here!
- I went to an all-girls high school.
- I became a vegetarian at the tender age of 12 after seeing a documentary meat and how it gets to our tables. Something didn’t sit quite right with me, and with the support of my parents, I never looked back! My sisters both became vegetarian shortly afterwards.
- I used to be EXTREMELY afraid of flying (in fact, I would need a Valium to get me through!), but the more my life has necessitated air travel, the more I have gotten used to it. Now the fear is pretty minimal!
I nominate Katie from The Muffin Myth, because I just discovered her blog and it has quickly become a new favourite. I love her approach to sensible eating!
I nominate Francesca from Della Cucina Povera because her musings make me chortle, and I love her laid back approach to old family recipes. Plus, I want to live in Amsterdam too.
I nominate Manali from Cook with Manali for her incredible Indian recipes, and all the context she gives them!
I nominate Julia from Orchard Street Kitchen for her approachable vegetarian recipes, and the fact her blog is still so new: I would love to get to know her better!
- Of all the places you have visited, where has the best food?
- Is there a recipe you just can’t perfect?
- Has blogging helped you learn anything new about yourself?
- What cookbook do you use most often?
- What do you eat for breakfast on the average weekday?
- Sweet or Savory?
- What is your idea of “food heaven”?
- …and “food hell”?
- What is the one thing you always have in your fridge?
- What is the one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
- Describe your perfect weekend?
Phew! Thanks for sticking with me. It is never easy to talk about yourself at length, but thanks for reading and learning a bit more about the lady behind the blog! Please take a minute to visit Ksenia, my nominator, and all of my Nominees- they are a talented bunch!
Until next time!! xx