These banoffee overnight oats are inspired by the retro british dessert, and will save you time and stress in the morning!
To be honest, It took me a while to warm up to the idea of overnight oats, It always felt more satisfying to tuck into a steaming bowl of porridge, or crunchy granola and yoghurt. However, in the last year I’ve become a convert, and the reasons are twofold:
- Knowing that breakfast is already ready before I go to bed? I’m pretty sure I sleep better…
- BANOFFEE overnight oats
Yes, as soon as I discovered a recipe that tasted like the retro British dessert, I became hooked on the stuff. This breakfast is packed full of all kinds of lovely, nourishing ingredients- oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, dates, and of course banana! I absolutely love this before an early run or workout, it sticks with me but doesn’t feel heavy, and like I mentioned earlier, its ready and waiting for you when you get up!
- ½ cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla is particularly good in this)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (or flax)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup oats
- 1 chopped date
- ½ banana, sliced
- Pour almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a jar, and stir until combined (it doesn't have to be perfect, I quite like getting a peanut buttery bite!)
- Add the oats and chopped date, and stir again until all of the oats are submerged in the milk mixture
- Put in the fridge overnight to chill and soak
- In the morning, add sliced bananas to the jar before devouring!