This spring quinoa bowl celebrates spring with asparagus, peas and rocket tossed with lemon, quinoa, feta and basil. Spring has sprung!
I’m not going to let this cramp my style though, Spring has officially sprung in Emma’s Little Kitchen! Todays recipe is a gorgeous green explosion of spring vegetables and fresh lemony flavour. Asparagus, peas and rocket are cooked with lemon juice, tossed with quinoa and then sprinkled with basil and feta.
Its an incredibly simple dish, and comes together in less than 30 minutes. Plus the fresh, light flavour provides a little respite from all of the hearty winter food we’ve been eating.
Dig in folks, happy Spring!
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, the woody ends cut off and then chopped into 2 inch pieces (about 3-4 cups)
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup peas, defrosted
- 1 cup rocket
- ¼ cup basil, julienned
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions, it should take about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. I use the quinoa cooking time to prepare the other vegetables.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet
- Add asparagus, and toss in olive oil to coat
- Add lemon juice, and cook until asparagus is tender but retains some bite (about 8 minutes)
- Add peas, rocket, basil and cooked quinoa to the pan, and toss everything together
- Sprinkle with feta, and serve