This Coconut Maple Almond Granola is sweet, simple and delicately flavoured.
I am a huge, HUGE fan of granola in the morning. I love the contrast between creamy tart yoghurt and the sweet crunch of toasty oats and nuts. I adore the wholesome boost of energy it gives me. Granola always feels like a treat, and although I have a few different varieties in the ELK archives, this is the recipe that I make most often. Why? It is so versatile! You can dress it up with fresh berries and yoghurt (my fave!), dried fruit (my Dad likes it with dried cranberries), or keep it plain with a splash of milk (Kirk likes it this way).Its sort of like the LBD of granolas, if you will. Simple and sweet, delicately and subtly flavoured, it will make your morning however you choose to enjoy it.Enjoy!
- 2¼ cups oats
- ¾ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil*
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl, set aside
- In a second bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir thoroughly to combine
- Spread the granola in an even layer on the baking sheet and place in the oven
- Bake for 40 minutes, thoroughly stirring every ten minutes making sure the edges don't burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and crisp up before storing and an airtight container
*You can use olive oil instead of coconut oil, but you will need to reduce the cooking time by about 15 minutes so the granola does not over cook. If you choose to use olive oil I would advise keeping a closer eye on your granola as it cooks, too, it may need to be stirred a little more during cooking.