This chocolate chip cinnamon muffin for one is whole wheat, vegan and refined sugar free, but still feels indulgent!
Picture the scene: it is my first day on maternity leave, Kirk has left for work and I am alone, left to my own devices. It is cold and snowy, but I am all cozy inside my little cocoon. I want something special for breakfast, something warm and comforting, something to celebrate 9 long months of growing this babe. Only a baked good will do! A quick google search yields the perfect solution: a single serve muffin! Yodelay! A few small adaptions later and my chocolate chip cinnamon muffin for one was warm from the oven and ready to be devoured.
I agree, the fact I am touting baked goods after all of the holiday indulgences may seem like poor timing. I’m sure many of you are on a detox now, or at least keeping to your resolutions. Fear not. I have no intention of sabotaging you fine folk, this muffin recipe is not like the others. Lets take a closer look, this chocolate chip cinnamon muffin for one is:
- Made with whole wheat flour
- Refined Sugar Free
- Packed with cinnamon flavour
- Perfect with a strong coffee
Best of all, this recipe is for one solitary muffin, which means there are not a eleven other muffins calling your name when you’re done. Are you sold? Get baking!
- 3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tbsp dark chocolate chips (make sure they're vegan if you want a totally vegan muffin!)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, or any flavourless oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- Line a muffin tray with 1 liner, and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips
- Create a small well in the center, and pour in the oil, milk, syrup and vanilla. Stir the mixture until just combined
- Pour batter into the liner and bake for 15-17 minutes
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.
Ensure you get vegan chocolate chips if you want your muffin to be totally vegan!
You can also bake this muffin in the microwave: pour the batter into a ramekin and bake for 1-1.30 minutes on high. However, the consistency is nicer if you bake in the oven.